Sunday 22 March 2015

3) What have you learned from your audience feedback?

All through my advanced portfolio, I have incorporated audience feedback into my work because i think it is important to have more than one view or opinion. This benefited me a lot as I got good, constructive criticism and areas that I could improve on that I maybe would have not seen. To ask for people opinions I used Web 2.0 and social media, using sites like Facebook, Twitter and SurveyMonkey.

To start my audience feedback I asked my brother and sisters to watch my video and see what they liked about it. I used them because my audience is of all ages.
My Music Video:


Person No.1: Layla. Age 8



Person No.2: Jack. Age 11


Person No.3: Yasmeena. Age 9


I think that using my brother and sisters was a good test to see what effect my music video has on the younger audience. I feel like that they enjoyed it, telling me off screen that they really liked it but the girls were a little shy to move around on screen. I asked them questions such as 'What was you favourite thing about it (the video)?' and 'Do you think the lip syncing worked well?' which were easy questions for them to understand.

Person No. 4: Katie Hall, Aged 18


For the older audience I used my friend Katie and asked her to watch my video and see what she liked about it. I explained the concept of the video and her feedback was positive. Her area to improve on would be to use more locations which I understand.

Person No. 5: Tara Burton, Aged 18


I used Tara in my audience feedback because she appeared in my music video and I wanted to see how she would react to the video with her being in it. Throughout her watching the video I noticed she was laughing at herself and the video. She was good to use because she already knew the concept of the video so she already knew the theme of the video.
Overall her feedback was positive and I understand on her comments on where to improve.

Here is a slideshare which includes the information of me asking 5 people some questions about my three products. The first question was 'Do you like my music video?' and the results were all yes, which is positive and I am happy with. The second question was ask the people what the message of my video was and the outcomes of this was positive as every answer was right. The third question was is women were represented in a positive way, this was important to me as I wanted to challenge Laura Mulveys Male Gaze Theory, and the outcomes was all yes.
Where I could improve in my music video was the next question and the answers where more girls in the video and different coloured background. After explaining the background situation they understood and thought he green looked good.
Probally tthe most important question for me was if they felt happy whilst watching the video because my aim was to make people to feel happy. The results were all yes and I am very happy with this.


Overall from my audience feedback I have learnt that my music video is effective to a wide range of people as I have got feedback from my little brother and sisters to my Nanna who all enjoyed it. Looking at the feedback I got to improve my work has helped me in processes such as choosing the better design for my advert (here) by asking on social media sites. I think it is important that I got audience feedback because it is someone else's opinion other than my own which can help me to improve my work and make it look better.

I also asked Facebook for people to complete my survey to see what they thought of my final products and if they looked effective. I also messages three of my friends to do the survey knowing they would give honest feedback and also because two of them are media students therefore they could give me constructive criticism from a media student perspective.


Here are the results from the survey.


No comments:

Post a Comment